Monday, March 14, 2016

San Antonio-based The March Divide, tireless one-man project of veteran songwriter Jared Putnam, to release latest full-length “Saturdays” May 13th.

New release follows-up to two album, three EP releases since 2013. “Exit Signs” single streaming now via Popdose.  Putnam plays SXSW March 19th.

+++


Jared Putnam of The March Divide as photographed by Greg Gabrisch

+++

The March Divide – In The Press

“Impressively hooky.” – American Songwriter
“Completely clever.” – Performer
“All about lyrics and melodies.” – Babysue
“Gifted with a serious set of pipes.” – The Aquarian

+++

PLAY, POST & SHARE

“This is quality pop at its best.” – Popdose premieres “Exit Signs” by The March Divide




+++

See below for current The March Divide tour dates!

San Antonio-based songwriter, Jared Putnam, leader of the sometimes more, but usually one-man pop-rock band, The March Divide, is prolific. It’s a word used often / often misused, but when it comes to Putnam, it applies.  As such, The March Divide announces the upcoming release of a new album! Saturdays follows-up two album and three EP releases from Putnam in just a three-year period, and according to the artist, it’s his most satisfying work to date.

“I think I finally made the record I wanted to make,” Putnam says of the follow-up to 2014’s Billions and its accompanying 2015 EP “+1.” “I didn’t set out to write an album so soon after the last, but I never really stopped writing.”

It remains to be seen how Putnam’s growing fan base (the single “I Told You So” from Billions has already surpassed a half-million streams) will react to the new material, but it’s a safe bet that Putnam’s hard work and lyrical honesty will continue to resonate, especially on “Exit Signs,” the first single and video from Saturdays, which Putnam jokes must be about his past, because “I can’t seem to stop writing about it.”

“It's about running away,” Putnam explains of how the song, like so many by The March Divide, reflects on leaving a past life behind. “My songs help me figure it all out, I think. I wouldn't change a thing, and closure has been very hard for me, but I think I'm there.”

Saturdays by The March Divide arrives on May 13th, 2016, distributed by Burnside. The March Divide will be touring before, during, and after the release of Saturdays, as per usual.  Jared Putnam is available for interviews. Contact Josh Bloom at Fanatic for more information.

+++

The March Divide – On Tour

03/19 Austin, TX @ Shangri La SXSW, 8PM
03/19 Austin, TX @ Whisler’s SXSW, 4PM
04/09 Austin, TX @ Sam’s Boat
04/17 San Antonio, TX @ Limelight
04/19 Austin, TX @ Hole In The Wall
04/22 Harlingen, TX @ The Prelude
04/30 San Antonio, TX @ Point Park & Eats
05/14 Austin, TX @ Sam’s Boat
05/20 San Antonio, TX @ 502 Bar Record Release Show
05/25 Clovis, NM @ House Show E-mail info@themarchdivide.com for info
05/28 Denver, CO @ Bushwackers Saloon
05/29 Boulder, CO @ The Laughing Goat
05/31 Norman, OK @ Red Brick Bar
06/04 Austin, TX @ Sam’s Boat

+++

The March Divide – Saturdays
(S/R – May 13th, 2016)
  

Track Listing:

01. Can’t Run Can’t Hide
02. In The Cold
1. Exit Signs (STREAM | MP3)
2. What Will I Do
3. Take Me Out
4. Take Your Chances
5. Who Are You
6. I Give Up
7. Kathrine Loves the Fall
8. Go to Sleep
9. I Don’t Recall
10. Because I Wanted To
11. This Infatuation
12. Over and Over
13. Stacey
14. This Argument

+++

The March Divide Links


+++

Contact Josh Bloom at Fanatic Promotion

No comments: