Friday, October 15, 2010

Shunda K reunites with Yo! Majesty’s Shon B on “I’m Da Best” single out October 25th.

Maxi-single is second track from Shunda K’s upcoming solo album debut, “The Most Wanted”.

+++



+++

PLAY,  POST & SHARE

“I’m Da Best” is the second single from Shunda K’s upcoming solo album, “The Most Wanted”




+++

UK Press for Shunda K’s previous single “Here I Am To Save The World”

“…a route-one electro bludgeon…” – 10 Tracks You Have To Hear This Week – NME (UK)

“Razor sharp drums, old school synth stabs and the Florida rapper's stylish, supercool vocal make this one more essential than a spacesuit on the moon.” – iDJ (UK)

“Go for it Shunda, save us all.” – Blues & Soul (UK)
+++
More about Shunda K and “I’m Da Best”

Shunda K has reunited with former Yo! Majesty band mate Shon B on the second single from Shunda K’s upcoming solo debut album, The Most Wanted.  The song, “I’m Da Best” marks the first time that the two ladies have appeared on record together since the legendary track “Club Action” that started the Yo! Majesty phenomenon in the first place. Shunda explains, “I created da name and vision of Yo! Majesty in January, 1998. I made it a group when I met Shon B in 2000.” A decade later, the pair and is back and the message is intact.  According to Shunda K, “I’m Da Best” is “…dedicated to all my ladies out there dat felt you had to sacrifice your bodies for a place in dis world.”

The track will be officially released on October 25th, 2010 as part of a nearly hour-long maxi-single featuring the album version along with remixes by a host of up and coming producers including The Superions, Pumpsta, The Surecut Kids, ConeyGurl and others.  The Les Gourmets remix of the track (streaming HERE) features the French rap group laying it down in their native language and the Koax The Droid (streaming HERE) remix made the cut as the winner of a contest held as an effort to introduce yet another talented producer to the world.

Recently, the UK’s legendary music paper, NME, named Shunda K’s “Here I Am To Save The World” single as one of its “10 Tracks You Need To Hear This Week” at #2 right behind Kanye West.  Read about it right HERE.  The maxi-single for “Here I Am To Save The World,” a collaboration with Cindy Wonderful of Scream Club was released worldwide on July 27th, 2010. The single is Shunda K’s first release as part of her new partnership with Fanatic Records to be followed by “I’m Da Best” on October 25th, 2010 and Shunda K’s solo debut album The Most Wanted on January 11th, 2011.

Shunda K is best known as the leader of hip hop duo, Yo! Majesty (Domino Records).  Named to the NME’s “cool list,” Shunda K has recently been seen collaborating with electro superstar Peaches on the track and video for the song “Billionaire” from the Peaches album I Feel Cream (XL Recordings). See the video for “Billionaire” HEREShunda K also appears on Flore’s cover of the legendary Gary Numan hit, “Cars” from Flore’s debut album, Raw.  See the video for “Cars” HERE.

Shunda K is available for interviews.  Contact Josh Bloom at Fanatic Promotion for more info.

+++

Shunda K (feat. Shon B)
“I’m Da Best” (Maxi-Single)
(Fanatic Records – Oct. 25th, 2010)

Track Listing:

01. I'm Da Best (Album Version) (MP3: EXPLICIT | MP3: CLEAN)
02. I'm Da Best (Koax The Droid Remix) (STREAM)
03. I'm Da Best (Benson Remix)
04. I'm Da Best (ConeyGurl Remix)
05. I'm Da Best (The Surecut Kids Remix)
06. I'm Da Best (Generik Remix)
07. I'm Da Best (The Superions Remix)
08. I'm Da Best (Les Gourmets Remix) (STREAM)
09. I'm Da Best (Pumpsta's Durty South Remix)
10. I'm Da Best (Clean Radio Edit)
11. I'm Da Best (A Capella)
12. I'm Da Best (Les Gourmets Remix A Cappella)
13. I'm Da Best (Instrumental)

+++

Shunda K Live

11/12 Highbury Corner, London, UK @ The Relentless Garage (Ladyfest 10)

+++

Shunda K Links


+++

Contact Josh Bloom at Fanatic Promotion, Inc.


+++

No comments: